The mission of A. R. Rucker Middle School, in partnership
with parents and community, is to prepare students to become productive, global
citizens and life-long learners by providing a quality education.
- in putting students first by providing
appropriately challenging curriculum in a safe, nurturing school environment.
- the responsibility for learning rests with
students, parents, school, and community.
- in the dignity and diversity of all individuals.
- education produces individuals who are
productive, compassionate, self-sufficient, life-long learners.
- a positive attitude and self-esteem are vital to
a successful educational experience.
- each student needs the opportunity to experience
a multicultural environment thus strengthening their interpersonal skills and
intercultural understanding as well as respect.
- that every student can learn and be successful
through challenging and rigorous programs.
- that the middle school years are a transition
period in life and that students require emotional, social, physical, and
intellectual opportunities for positive development.